Tuesday, December 16, 2014

6 months, half way to having a 1 year old.

Hudson turned 6 months old on Dec.3rd. He has now had many different foods such as carrots, butternut squash, yogurt, oatmeal, apple, peaches, pears, chicken, green beans, lentils and peas to name a few! He has gotten eating down pretty well and you can see him imitating chewing. Also you better be ready because this is the reaction you now get when offering a bite! lol




Making baby food has also become a pretty fun hobby. I actually enjoy getting everything together and spending an afternoon making lots of new foods for him to try. Here is a pic when I had made the peas. From everything I have read it says peas are hard to make because of the skins, but with using a strainer they werent as bad as I was preparing myself for. Just threw them all in my steamer, then once they were soft, I mashed them through a strainer then mixed them with a blender and a little breast milk till they were the consistency i wanted!


Here he is enjoying some carrots. Another food I am happy that he enjoys, now I just hope that he still likes all of these when he is older.


 
When we took Hudson to his 6month check up we were happy to find out that at his next visit he will have no shots! It's always so hard watching this, although he did get over it faster at this visit compared to the last two. Our boy now weighs 14.9lbs and 26inches long. Doc calls him our peanut because he measures in the 4th percentile! Hudson still has his daddies noggin as it's in the 82nd percentile! He has really been trying to figure out how to crawl and gets up on all four while rocking back and forth. I feel like it will be any day now. He sits up for the longest by himself, but still hasn't figured out how to get to sitting up so for now we are still sitting him up. This month we also had his 6 month pics and I'm even more in love now that he is sitting up and jabbering with us. Each session he continues to get more fun and can't wait to see what he is doing by 9months!!




This month also meant Christmas... So We had Hudson's first Christmas!! We spent Christmas Eve with my (Margaret) side of the family at Ryan and Hopes house and then Christmas morning was a little different since we are staying at my parents house.. Mark and I started the morning by exchanging presents and opening Hudsons presents then when everyone else showed up we had breakfast with my mom, dad, Ryan, hope, all the babies, uncle Paul and my grandmother!  Then we exchanged presents with the rest of the family. Here is a pic of all the presents under the tree.


Once we all finished eating and opening presents it was time to get ready and head on out to Marks moms house to have Christmas with his side of the family. 
Again we ate, played dirty Santa, and all the kids opened their presents. Overall it was a great day and we have many blessing to be thankful for.

Here is Hudson wore out the day after Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment